Saturday 26 November
At 11:30 am in The Comb of the Wind (Antiguo)
“THE COMB OF THE WIND” EDUARDO TXILLIDA and LUIS PEÑA (1997). The artwork is a series of terraces built of pink colour granite and three anchor-like iron shapes welded into rocks.
“MEHEMED PAŠA SOKOLOVIĆ BRIDGE” MIMAR KOCA SINAN (1577) / Višegrad, Bosnia & Herzegovina. UNESCO included this monument in its 2007 World Heritage List. The bridge was built during the Ottoman occupation of the Balkans. In 1961, the Yugoslav novelist Ivo Andrić won the Nobel Prize for Literature with honoring his book “The Bridge on the Drina”.
“ONDARRETA’S PRISON MONOLITH” CITY COUNCIL OF DONOSTIA (2012). It is a monolith to all the prisioners (political, common, etc.) that passed by this prision between 1890-1948. The prision does not exist any longer.
“STONE FLOWER” BOGDAN BOGDANOVIĆ (1966) / Jasenovac, Croatia. It is a monument to all the victims of Croatian Ustasha attrocities between 1941-1945.
“MEMORY” AITOR MENDIZABAL (2006). It is a sculpture to all the victims of violence and terrorism in Donostia.
“MILICA RAKIC” KATARINA TRIPKOVIC (2000) / Belgrade, Serbia. Located in Tasmajdan Park the monument reminds of the 79 children killed in 1999 during NATO bombing on Yugoslavia.
“DUAL” AMAIA MATEOS and TOMAS VILLANUEVA (2014). It is a sculpture to all the victims from Donostia that died during the 1936 coup d’état, after war and Franco’s dictatorship.
“THREE FISTS” IVAN SABOLIĆ (1963) / Palilula, Niš, Serbia. Located in Memorial Park Bubanj commemorate the shooting of more than 10.000 citizens (serbs, gypsies and jews) between 1942-1944 by Nazi Germany.
“EMPTY BUILDING” JORGE OTEIZA (1957). It is an empty place made by horizontal and vertical lines in front of the sea.
“THE ENDLESS COLUMN” CONSTANTIN BRÂNCUȘI (1938) / Târgu Jiu, Rumania.It is a stylization of the funerary pillars used in the south of Romania. The sculpture symbolizes the concept of Infinity and the sacrifice of Romanian youth that died in First World War.
“DOVE OF PEACE” NESTOR BASTERRETXEA (1988). This monument symbolize the commitment that city has with peace, freedom and coexistance.
“THE MONUMENT OF PEACE” RODOLJUB SPASOJEVIC and SVETISLAV ZIVIC (1997) / Kruševac, Serbia. This monument, representing two concrete hands that hold and protect the planet from the war destruction, was inaugureted in Krusevac as a symboly of peace and pacific phylosophy.